Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Perfect Week

I've gotta tell you, generally if I take vacation at work, I want to be going somewhere. I want to have plans. I want things to be happening. Even if I'm not travelling per se, I usually have some fun event I'm attending. On the rare occasion I take time off to complete projects at home. But this last week off -- greatly needed thanks to my giant, stressful undertaking at work finally coming to completion -- was just about the best unplanned time ever.

Every day Mike and I would send the kids off to school and then hang out the rest of the day. Sometimes we napped, other times we worked out. We watched a lot of TV, laughed at the dog, and made love whenever we wanted. Sometimes we went out, either to run the odd errand or to grab a bite to eat. Other times we holed up and cuddled on the couch. We thought about going to the movies, but never quite got around to it. It didn't matter. We were together, enjoying each other, and it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment